Tuesday, October 24, 2006

An afternoon Wiki-Chuckle

Behold: the dangers of unlimited, often unchecked Wikipedia editing. Scope out a perfect example of the kind of stuff Jason mentioned last night that can be screwed with by pretty much anyone and go for weeks or months without being corrected.

Somehow, I suspect this isn't an unbiased estimation of what Romantic poetry is, though I admit I think I've said pretty similarly damning things about the genre. However, I'd never, ever use "gay" to describe it. "Flamboyant" and sensational like a nice pair of pink leopard print leather pants, yes.

3 comments:

slothsinabox said...

Holy crap. This is now null and void! Somebody FIXED it!!!

Originally it read "romanticism was a super gay and stupid literary movement" then, farther down, "Leah Calho" (or something like that "is the BEST romanticist ever. She'd make a great, SMOKIN HOT librarian!"

This amused me as I sat here, drudging away at my thesis. I'm happy a good definition has been restored, but a little sad to see the entertainment go. :)

slothsinabox said...

I'm a bit of an internet fuckwit. I still don't really understand the utility of a beta release (but I guess I'll go Wikipedia what that means, now. Ha), and I have no idea how to link to the vandalism's revision versus that to which I linked, so thanks for breakin' it down.

slothsinabox said...

Cool. I get it thanks to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_release