Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Like Lazarus, she rises!

My GOD I am behind with my postings.

What have I been doing, you ask? Ah. Well. Obviously lying around eating bonbons. Jeez. As if you have to ask.

No, really, though? I took a side trip to Northampton, MA this weekend to visit my best friend at Smith. As expected, we had a grand old time. I bought convincingly leather-like plastic shoes (what could be better?) and we barhopped long into the night. Martini-ed, I awakened and drove far over the speed limit back to Trinity so I could spend the day working on my thesis proposal and writing a 10-page story for creative fiction, then edit Anthony and Lourdes' vegan cookbook. It's been a busy few days, and the week before that was, too. So. That's where I've been. Shall we sally forth, then?

Google bombing is just like I like things--dirty, interesting and divisive. Over the summer, I learned from the host of phenomenal people here that bombing is "bad advertising," and is the kind of thing that makes your peers want to punch you in the throat when they see you on the street. This is what Louisa would refer to as "inorganic Search Engine Optimization." (See? I learned!). Brent would just say it's dirty shit. Same difference, really.

After that, I tried the stream-of-consciousness internet adventure Colin posed as a suggestion about 8.6 million postings ago. I began with shadowcamels, scrolled down to read about Busker's ball, and ended up with minutemen. (at minute 2:35, do they start chanting "Big fat wosah?" Because unless this is in Boston (which it isn't, because they mention Columbia), there is no excuse and I'm confused). Then I learned that unified gloating can be a healthy exercise in National solidarity. Next, I clicked on Raincoaster's profile link "humor" and saw a bunch of links to OTHER bloggers' wordpress cyber pads. I was intrigued when I saw "office dares" and joyfully cackled for the four minutes it took me to read them. I have something new to do when standing in front of the elevator--sweet.

I moved on to Wiggly's Christmas Folk vs. Bhangra post andfrom there, clicked on a comment thread that took me here--apparently our friend Wiggly (a.k.a. Daniel) has a penchant for yummy smelling grooming products (of which I am also an avid supporter). I then got sidetracked and lost myself in the Body Shop's website and, after navigating to the U.S. Page and clicking on some of my favorite items, stopped just short of whipping out my credit card to go on a totally unnecessary body lotion binge because can't everybody use to be soft? Huh? Fine. So you're saying I'm not justified? Right. Well. I suppose that's true.

I...I should just go take a shower. Yes. That's what I'll do. After all, I've still got a $400 dollar dental apparatus to pay for (sigh).

4 comments:

slothsinabox said...

Haha. Raincoaster--that was no reflection on you.

Canadians deserve to gloat purely because Bush is not in any governmental office of theirs. :)

Thanks for the fun cruise. Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Body Shop should really give me some commission shouldn’t they?

May the lift adventures commence!

Daniel

Melody said...

Here via Michele today...

The Body Shop web page is pretty cool, well the Aussie one is anyway. Sometimes I find myself looking at so many online stores, wishing I had lots of cash. *grin*

Queen of Light and Joy said...

What do you mean? I'm confused? You liked the puppets though right? Will you be showing the puppet show in a power point presentation for your final thesis presentation?