Saturday, September 30, 2006

Lamont Stuff

The sense of community is overwhelmingly strong in My Left Nutmeg. This element (something not quite so overt in Kos, for example) made me really want to keep reading it, get involved in the comments and go back through archives--I got excited about what these people were up to. which for me and politics is no mean feat (it isn't apathy: it's thatI'm politically undereducated. I'll go ahead and admit it). The frisson of activism and excitement running through the blog is pretty tangible (or at least was for me). While it is in no way as rife with material as DailyKos (and there's no reason it need be--My Left Nutmeg is not National, and it has a level of specificity to one topic that Kos does not), it's still pretty stuffed with side links but doesn't feel as unmanageable and overwhelming as Kos does.

In response to Colin's "Is Ned Bloggy?" question... That's actually an issue that arose in my head. Sure, he's liberal so the alternative, "funky transgressives" would be more likely to adopt him, stroke him on the head, and feed him soymilk and all organic, wheat-free cookies but he doesn't strike me as THE man they'd want to do this for were they presented with a panoply of other candidates. Then again, appearances are only appearances--they're suit, skin, silk tie and sportcoat deep. There is something about the essence of Lamont that appealed and continues to appeal to bloggers--I couldn't tell you what, precisely, but it's there. I guess Ned IS bloggy. (Quick, Colin--Wikipedia that and claim it as yours!).

It's 1:11 a.m. on Sunday and I haven't gone out tonight. Work is kicking me in the ass--hard--and it's only October 1st. (whimper) Why?

No comments: